Today at Foodrecipes.info we invite you to make a Peruvian chili sauce also known in Peru as huancaína sauce or rocoto sauce. This sauce can be combined with a large number of dishes and you can accompany many meals with it but, as a recommendation, we recommend that you accompany with a baked potato stuffed with egg or a white rice with leeks. In addition, you will also give a personal touch to the grilled chicken thanks to this creamy sauce.
Gather all the ingredients you need and we have everything ready to start cooking this Peruvian chili sauce. Let’s go to the mess!
- 8 yellow peppers
- 300 gr. Goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 50 gr. Of crackers
- 1 onion purple
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic
- 480 ml. milk
- Ground black pepper
Preparation of the Peruvian chili sauce
- To begin to prepare this sauce you must first remove the excess of spice from the peppers. To do this, cut off its ends and then cut them in half.
- With a spoon extract the vein from the middle and with it will leave all the seeds. Scrape the walls of the pepper and repeat the same procedure with each one of them.
- Wash them well and then cut into small pieces. Peel the purple onion and cut into pieces as well. Peel the garlic and cut into small pieces. Reservation.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the peppers and the onion. When you see that the onion is already transparent, add the clove of garlic. Mix well and cook until everything is tender. Ten minutes will be enough.
- Add the sofrito in the blender and incorporate the cookies, cheese, milk, egg and a pinch of pepper. Blend well until a cream is obtained homogeneous and rectifies the salt. If the cheese is salty do not use salt.
- Pour into a bowl and wait for it to cool. Your Peruvian or rocoto chili sauce is ready to accompany you with whatever you prefer! We hope you enjoy it! Very good profit!