The blue cord of pork is one of the many variants that exist of this dish, whose original recipe is prepared with beef. It is an economical meal, very tasty and so easy to do that you will surely wonder why you had not tried it before at home.
You can accompany it with an American potato salad or a carrot and pumpkin puree! Follow the instructions that we propose in Foodrecipes.info and you will see how in few minutes you will have ready this delicious dish that will never fail you. Let’s cook!
- 4 thin fillets of pork loin
- 8 slices of ham
- 8 slices of yellow cheese
- 4 slices of bacon (optional)
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of wheat flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Wooden chopsticks
Preparing the pork cordon bleu
- The first thing to do is cut in half each fillet, since you will then put one over another. Place them between a paper towel or between a film paper and apply them well with the aid of a roller to make it look fine.
- Add them to a bowl and season them well with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Spread a filet of pork loin on a board and place on it a slice and a half of cheese, then a slice and a half of ham, one of bacon and cover with the other half of the filete. Adapt the filling to be the same size of the fillets.
- Then fix the ends with chopsticks to prevent them from opening. Repeat until you have your 4 pig cordons bleached.
- Place the wheat flour in one dish, the breadcrumbs in another and the eggs beaten previously with a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Pass the stuffed pork fillets by the egg, then the flour and finally the bread crumbs. Make sure they are completely covered.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat and fry them when the oil is very hot. They should be well gilded on both sides. Remove excess oil by placing them on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Remove the chopsticks and serve your pork cordon bleu when it is still hot. Very good profit!