If you’re looking for a complete meal, delicious and healthy at the same time, this roast chicken salad is great for you, mixing a little vegetable and protein in one dish to become the perfect choice of unique dinner or light lunch.
If you dare to prepare this recipe, you will learn a very easy and delicious chicken marinade, which you can also use in other foods. This roast chicken is delicious!
And if you want to complete your menu, from Foodrecipes.info we suggest a rich French omelet with cheese if you are looking for a light dinner, or a carrot gazpacho that is as refreshing as healthy. It’s up to you! Both options are scrumptious.
Ready to start preparing this roast chicken salad? Let’s go there!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 2 tablespoons leek
- 1 cup of natural orange juice
- 200 gr of lettuce
- 30 g of basil leaves
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Half lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
Preparation of roasted chicken salad
- The first thing to do is to marinate the chicken for two hours with mustard, orange juice, leek, a little salt and pepper to taste.
- This will help you to taste a lot when cooking. If you prefer, you can leave it marinating from the night before: it’s delicious!
- While the chicken is marinated in the refrigerator, prepare the rest of the other ingredients of this salad.
- To do this, peel, wash and cut the onion in julienne and do the same with the tomato. Then wash the lettuce with plenty of water and vinegar to disinfect it.
- With your hands, chop the lettuce and add it in a bowl. Then cut the avocado in two, remove the skin and bone and cut both parts into medium tables. Add tomatoes and onions.
- When the chicken has marinated, place it on a hot grill with a touch of olive oil and let it cook for 20 minutes or until completely white inside. When ready, cut it into thin strips or dice, as you prefer.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and integrate with the other ingredients. Then add walnuts and basil.
- Garnish the salad with 2 tablespoons of olive, lemon juice, a little salt and pepper and 1/2 cup of the juice where the chicken was marinated.
- Stir until seasoning the whole grilled chicken salad and served instantly. Take advantage!
To prepare this delicious roast chicken salad we advise that when you buy the chicken, order the 2 breasts cut in breadcrumbs, clean of fat and without skin. This will save more time when making this recipe.