For summer days, it is good to have different options of cold dishes at lunch or dinner time. That is why, today at Unareceta.com we will teach you how to make a rich chicken salad with vegetables. You will see how rich you are!
This salad can serve as a unique dish if you fancy a light dinner, but if you want to include it in a more complete menu, a roast pork roast or a rich duck in sauce, will combine perfectly.
Do not think about it anymore and start preparing this chicken salad with vegetables. To her!
- 1 chicken breast
- 5 potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 1 can of peas
- 1 sprig of celery
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper
Preparation of chicken salad with vegetables
- The first thing you will do is wash the potatoes and the carrots. Add water in a large pot with a tablespoon of salt and when it boils, incorporate the unpeeled vegetables.
- Knit for 25 minutes or until softened. Remove them from the water and wait for them to cool to remove the skin. Cut them into squares of the same size and reserve.
- Bring to the fire a small pot of water and add the chicken breast, onion, garlic, bay leaf and pepper. Cook until tender.
- Remove from heat, drain and when it cools, crumble it with your hands. Wash the celery and cut into small pieces. Do the same with the parsley. Reservation.
- In a bowl you will prepare the dressing, adding mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream, salt to taste and a pinch of pepper. Stir and reserve.
- Mix potatoes, carrots, peas, celery and parsley in a large bowl. If you want to give a special touch includes an apple peeled and cut into pieces.
- Stir in the dressing and mix everything together. Chill in refrigerator before eating. We hope you enjoy your chicken salad with vegetables. Very good profit!